Friday, June 30, 2017

Hello! I have not written in the last two days because I have either been really tired or not have really much to share. Two days ago, we left our old hotel and went to see the Emperor's summer palace. It was all manmade (believe it or not) from the buildings and statues to the really big lake. One might even mistake it for a very small ocean.

After that we ate lunch, of course with rice. Everything is good with rice. When lunch was over, we boarded a high speed train that went 190 miles an hour! We were on that train for five hours, which resulted in going 950 MILES

! I almost couldn't believe it when Mom told me. We got to our hotel at about six or six thirty. All of us were kind of tired of Chinese food (though we all love it) and decided to order pizza and Italian spaghetti. As you can guess, the spaghetti was mine. It didn't really turn out how we would expect it.

Anyway, yesterday we went to see the Terra Cotta warriors museum AND the actual ones. We learned how to make little versions of the warriors with clay and a mold and saw how hard making them really was. In the end, I bought a little jaguar that represents two different armies. Today I'm going to another new hotel, this one by plane. But the plane ride is only an hour, so I shouldn't get too bored. If anything happens, I'll tell you!

1 comment:

Jena Heath said...

I love reading about Xi'an and seeing your pictures! Such an amazing, historic city. How do you like the food? Caroline ate her head off! We can't want to see you and we are really enjoying your blog, Audrey.