Wednesday, June 28, 2017

We Are Back In China!

Hi everyone! It's my first time to blog (sorry, was a bit tired to do it last night) and we've seen so much in just two days! Yesterday we went to the Forbidden City, Silk factory, and the Temple of Heaven. Everything had that Chinese look to it, from the pointed roofs to the red color. We learned how they harvested silk from silk worms and how they make the silk comforters. I really wanted to buy and take a silk blanket home but one, we've got enough blankets, and two, I really don't have enough room in my suitcase!

Last night we ate Peking duck, it tasted a lot like chicken. I was really sad when I learned that they cook a young duck, but that's because its meat was still tender. Really tender. I've tried a ton of new foods, or, foods that I don't remember eating as a baby. Congee is one of them. Tomorrow I'm going to try some sushi because I heard that it might have some of the crispy seaweed I like. The good thing is that every meal I can have my two favorite things: rice and noodles. Even for breakfast! Here in China, they love savory foods all the time.

Today we went to the Great Wall, the sights there are amazing! You'd go up and down in a cable car or if you preferred something else, a toboggan. I never really thought about riding down from the great wall on a toboggan! We also visited the Jade factory and the Beijing Olympic Stadiums. The Jade factory is really beautiful, we got to see them shape the jade right up close and learn about it. In the end, I got a pretty necklace with a dragon and a bracelet, just like my mom. The Olympic Stadium looked just like a bird nest!



It's been truly a great trip so far, I get to see some of the most famous landmarks and I get to see my home country. Tomorrow we go to the Emperor's Summer Palace and ride the bullet train to see the terra cotta warriors. I can't wait to tell you more about it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Audrey your writing is wonderful. I feel like I can see the world around you. Thank you for sharing this journey with everyone.
I will let Parker and Jordyn read your blog too. Safe travels!

Jena Heath said...

Thanks for posting, Audrey. I love reading about your story! Caroline is looking forward to seeing you and Avery at reunion and talking about your trips to China!