Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Coming Home (Part I)



We are in the Tokyo airport. One leg down, three more to go. Audrey's first plane ride went even better than expected. She only got cranky a couple of times, and I think those were because her ears were hurting. We are on Japan Airlines until we get to Los Angeles, and the flight attendants are the most gracious I have ever seen. One young lady made sure that Audrey had baby food and toys, and that certainly helped to make it a smoother trip. We have been playing in the children's room of the JAL lounge hoping to keep Audrey active so that maybe she will sleep for most of the trip to L.A. Once we go through immigration at LAX our little China baby will officially be a little American baby.

These are two pictures of us with our guide Veronica. Without her help this trip would have been 1,000 times tougher. We will miss her terribly, we have both cried multiple times about the fact that we will not be able to see her again for a long time. By the way, a little bit ago I went to get food from the buffet area of the JAL lounge, and when I turned around guess who had followed me away from Mommy and all the way across the room? As much as she loves food I'm pretty sure that was the motivation, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

in case you log back on - suckers or twizzlers (anything chewy) help with the ears. They say to give a bottle, but by the time their ears hurt, they won't usually drink - but kids will always take candy. This helped me tremendously when I flew with Jack and Megan. Jen

kyle and paula said...

Brad,
Don't sell yourself short, she knows now after a couple of weeks of you being there day in and day out that you are looking out for her, you are on your way to being her 1st hero, at least until she gets old enough to meet prince charming. Maybe Brad M. can now write of a new superhero who goes far, far away to save a little princess and take her to a new life of much love and security. We can hardly wait to meet your littlest princess!! We love you guys, praying safe travels and blessings! Aunt Paula

duncank said...

Lori, Happy day after your birthday. I hope your celebration continues when you get back. Maybe we could party at our house. We await your return and can't wait to see you. I know everyone will want a minute of your time (I'm hoping for a couple of minutes) I just want to be respectful of your time, I know it is PRECIOUS...We would love to wish happy homecoming and happy birthday too!!! Sis Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am so excited and happy for all 3 of you guys. I know you can't wait to get to OKC and start your life with each other. Everyone in Broken Bow has been keeping up with your blog or with the photos I posted on my myspace and is very excited to meet Audrey. She is a beautiful girl and I know she will fit right in. Just don't forget about us down here in McCurtain County.

Love you guys
Aunt Aimee

PS. Audrey should have a package from me and Keith waiting on her when she gets home.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lori :)

I'm Wishing you safe travel.

All the best,
Shellye

p.s. ditto to what jen said on the chewing (or yawning works too...seeing you yawn first can cause her to do it)

Rachel said...

Glad the first leg of your trip went well! I hope the rest went just as smoothly. Can't wait to read a home update!

Rachel

duncank said...

Ok! we are ready for part two, and hope that this story is the beginning of a triolgy... Can't wait to see you. God Bless your new family. We love you. Lisa, Doug, Taylor and Clint